- cost reduction
- reject reduction
- production and delivery time reduction
- component design improvement
- component efficiency improvement
- improved mould duration
Electrical Upsetting: What it is
Electrical upsetting is a thermal-mechanical process, representing an evolution in hot forming, in which the metal segment is heated through electrical conduction and at the same time deformed through pressing to get the shape of the component that you want. The electrical upsetting process has a variety of benefits: high strength of the product, less use of steel, practically no forming slag, lower processing costs.
Electrical Upsetting Simulation: How it works
DEFORM simulates electrical upsetting, virtualizing the thermal-mechanical process by means of which a steel segment is heated electrically through the passage of low-voltage and high-intensity current, at a temperature which deforms plastic carried out in sequence with a press. This heating and forming system, also called electric forging, creates swellings while maintaining a constant fibre behaviour that follows the profile of the part to be made.
DEFORM simulates Shafts, Sprockets, Half shafts, Rods and Electric forgings with various shapes obtained through electrical heating.
What customers say about DEFORM:
DEFORM software is American and has been optimised to be reliable, quick and easy to use.
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The press setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383