- Quality improvement
- Optimization and saving in the design
- Improvement of production
- Enhanced precision
- Flexibility of use
- Reduction of calculation times
- Reduction of production rejects
- Saves money
Metal Forging: What it is
Forging is a massive deformation process carried out hot to give metal semi-finished products their final shape and size. Forging can be carried out in a closed mould, to obtain parts including complex shape, or in an open mould, in this case more properly called forging: meshes or hydraulic presses deform the ingot heated in specific high-temperature furnaces giving them the wanted shape.
Forging Simulation: How it works
Forging simulation, complete with blooming, impression making, stretching, tapping, blanking, heating and holing. Optimization of ram geometry, closing of core defects and superficial quality.
DEFORM forging simulation software is dedicated to this special process where we Italians are a world reference. In recent years, forges have upgraded the heat treatment department and thanks to DEFORM this delicate and strategical technological area can be simulated. Heat Treatment makes it possible to maximise the performance of the materials and of the components being operated.
DEFORM is a tool dedicated to production and is therefore simple to use. The technical operator, the quality department and the technical department will use forging simulation daily to address problems with the forge. DEFORM can also be used in parallel by the Research & Development department for new products. The Americans, manufacturers of DEFORM, came up with a complete, simple and fast software.
What customers say about DEFORM:
DEFORM forging simulation software is American and has been optimised to be reliable, quick and easy.
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forging, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The machine setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- CERTAIN RAW MATERIAL PROCUREMENTThe DEFORM forging simulation makes it possible to assess different extruded item diameters and therefore to immediately identify the diameter for each code
- REQUIRED MACHINE DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383