- Quality improvement
- Optimization and saving in the design
- Improvement of production
- Enhanced precision
- Flexibility of use
- Reduction of calculation times
- Reduction of production rejects
- Saves money
Incremental Sheet Metal Forming: What it is
Incremental Sheet Metal Forming is a production method that involves different types of machining through a series of workstations. These workstations can include forming, bending, cutting and other forming techniques, and are carried out in a specific order along the sheet-metal path. All the stations along the path can be processed with a single movement of the machine, whenever the mould performs the work stroke, it completes all the stations simultaneously, but on separate stations. The process usually starts with the sheet from the coil which moves forward “progressively”, undergoing all the processes in sequence until the finished product is made. The final workstation is usually cutting of the piece.
Incremental Sheet Metal Forming Simulation: How it works
Incremental Sheet Metal Forming simulation for all alloys.
DEFORM shows incompleteness, folds, strips, sink marks, cracks, machine loads, wear and die damage.
DEFORM Incremental Sheet Metal Forming simulation software is American and has been optimised to be reliable, quick and easy.
DEFORM software has an attractive and easy to use graphical interface. The software guides the user step-by-step in importing geometries, selecting materials and setting process parameters. These tasks require little effort by personnel. The following phase is calculation of the simulation, displaying how the piece is being formed while the software is computing. The standard 6, 8 and 12 core workstations are computers that reduce waiting times by a few hours for a complete simulation. Results on hand, DEFORM automatically shows the defects and problems that the mould mounted on a given press, operated in a certain way, would have produced in the department.
Ecotre Valente offers solutions to metallurgic and quality problems together with its partner PentaP Srl of Bergamo: www.pentap.it
• PentaP is the Otto Bihler Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG partner in Italy for the provision of CAD bNX software training, support and formation solutions.
• PentaP simulates operations with DEFORM for all Otto Bihler Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG press or equipment mould designs already guaranteeing conformity of the results on a design level.
In the automotive, electronic and medical industries, the level of excellence currently demanded of these products requires features, both of the product and equipment, driven ever more to guarantee compliant results.
These components are made with presses of up to 1,500 strokes/min and with Incremental Sheet Metal Forming dies made with extremely efficient materials and technologies.
The DEFORM simulation software of the production process, already at the initial stage of an industrialization process, makes it possible to assess the feasibility and quality of the results.
Assessing the deformation conditions, with equal process parameters, makes it possible to determine which is the most suitable solution to best achieve each individual operation, also highlighting the accumulation of stress on the component.
The operations in sequence are then further optimised to limit temperature and wear of all the involved tools.
The thirty-year experience with this type of product and the intuition provided every day in the delicate design stage, are supported by the bending process simulation with DEFORM software, which, through numerical values and clear and easy results, makes it possible to immediately verify the effectiveness of the new solutions proposed.
What customers say about DEFORM:
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The press setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- CERTAIN RAW MATERIAL PROCUREMENTThe DEFORM deforming simulation makes it possible to assess different extruded item diameters and therefore to immediately identify the diameter for each code
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383