- Quality improvement
- Optimization and saving in the design
- Improvement of production
- Enhanced precision
- Flexibility of use
- Reduction of calculation times
- Reduction of production rejects
- Saves money
Flow Forming of metals: What it is
The flow forming process can be carried out both hot and cold. It is achieved by applying a uniform pressure on the outer surface of an unfinished axisymmetric component. Specific rollers are used to deform the piece. The most common configuration uses three rollers placed radially at 120°. The component is then deformed along its axis: the rotary motion that the piece mounted on a shaped spindle takes on together with the translational motion of the shaping rollers allow the plastic deformation of the material. The specific feature of the process is to obtain finished components without any material removal.
Flow Forming Simulation: How it works
The brand-new flow-form technology is especially requested by automakers to make steel hubs as it reduces weight and therefore consumption, but at the same time it develops stronger and more lightweight products with respect to standard products on the market.
DEFORM flow forming simulation software is a practical and effective tool for designers and engineers to predict the flow of material in flow forming operations.
Based on the finished components, DEFORM has proved to be precise and resistant in industrial applications for over two decades. The simulation engine is capable of predicting with surprising precision a great flow of material deformation and thermal behaviour. DEFORM is the most innovative and used flow forming simulation program in the world by major research institutes and manufacturers.
What customers say about DEFORM:
DEFORM flow forming simulation software is American and has been optimised to be reliable, quick and easy.
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The machine setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383