- Quality improvement
- Optimization and saving in the design
- Improvement of production
- Enhanced precision
- Flexibility of use
- Reduction of calculation times
- Reduction of production rejects
- Saves money
Deep Drawing: What it is
Deep drawing is a metallurgical process through which sheet metal is plastically deformed to take on a cylindrical or cup like box shape. These operations are carried out using a punch which pushes the sheet metal, possibly secured by a blank holder, into a die. The component is formed through elongation of the sheet metal reducing its thickness during the process.
MORI 2A SPA success story: Deep drawing with DEFORM software.
The thermal, tension and deformation phenomena related to the deep drawing of a stainless steel sink (AISI 304 – 1.4301) were analyzed.
Deep Drawing Simulation: How it works
The deep drawing process is full of snares which traditional sheet metal forming does not have. DEFORM deep drawing simulation software is capable of virtually sampling and providing all of the indications to set a compliant and optimal work cycle.
DEFORM predicts bending, forming, springback and status variables in 3D progressive die forming simulations. The software supports a wide range of materials such as steel, aluminum, high-performance alloys and many more. It can also support the stress analysis of single and coupled mould, assess the influence of the material to be processed, the design parameters of the die or other process on the duration of the tool. The Forming Limit Diagrams (FLD) are supported to predict errors, while the Forming Limit Curve (FLC) acts as damage criterion.
DEFORM software is capable of quickly performing the flat development of drawn sheet metal pieces and to compute stretching of the material in the different zones of the model. DEFORM supplies a thorough analysis on the behaviour of the material during the forming process, in addition to providing the calculation of the flat development of a drawn sheet metal part. DEFORM software quickly computes the flat development of the component to be analysed, highlighting possible implementation problems, determines material costs and improves the design and production process.
DEFORM is a tool dedicated to production and is therefore simple to use. The technical operator, the quality department and the technical department will use simulation daily to address problems with the workpiece. DEFORM can also be used in parallel by the Research & Development department for new products.
DEFORM software is designed to work on desktop PC or workstation. The Americans, manufacturers of DEFORM, came up with a complete, simple and fast software.
What customers say about DEFORM:
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The press setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- CERTAIN RAW MATERIAL PROCUREMENTThe DEFORM deforming simulation makes it possible to assess different extruded item diameters and therefore to immediately identify the diameter for each code
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383