- High quality rolled products
- Elimination of rejects and reduction of defects
- Elimination of samplings
- Improved mechanical features of the workpiece
- Reduction of load on areas with greater mechanical stress
- Greater tool strength
- Reduced production times
- Reduced production costs
Threading: What it is
Threading is a mechanical process that does not entail removal of material, but consists in a high plastic deformation exerted on specific rollers. It can be carried out cold or hot, and is a procedure to obtain a finished, hardened and perfectly polished surface, thereby enhancing the finishes already present.
During cold mechanical threading, by means of threadingmachines, the machine is prompted to go beyond its elasticity point, thereby producing a permanent change in shape. The tools (cylindrical rollers or combs), such as the thread roller, moving with appropriate translational or rotary motion, deform the component to impress the desired threading on it.
The typical behaviour of the fibres of the material which this type of process obtains gives the product high mechanical resistance to traction and torsion
It is especially used to make stronger threads than those achieved by turning, thanks to the greater hardening of the material, but also to modify the geometric shape of a workpiece.
Threading Simulation: How it works
DEFORM, threading simulation software manufactured by the American SFTC – Scientific Forming Technologies Corporation, is capable of predictably simulating on computer the entire hot or cold mechanical threading process.
The finite elements threading simulation of the DEFORM software allows you to make a prior assessment of the elastic-plastic behaviour of the material during processing so as to get the most efficiency from the process.
When setting up the calculation, you must import the tool geometries and define their motion, define the contact surfaces and the relative positions of the workpiece and equipment. When the process criteria has been defined, the numerical threading simulation can be launched.
The result achieved by the DEFORM simulator allows you to assess defects such as folds, cracks and lack of material.
DEFORM also allows you to assess defects on the equipment, such as breaks, chipping and deformations, to predict the lifetime of the equipment by analysing wear.
What customers say about DEFORM:
DEFORM threading simulation software is American and has been optimised to be reliable, quick and easy.
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The press setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383