- Quality improvement
- Optimization and saving in the design
- Improvement of production
- Enhanced precision
- Flexibility of use
- Reduction of calculation times
- Reduction of production rejects
- Saves money
Extrusion of metals: What it is
Extrusion is an industrial plastic deformation production process that allows making pieces with a constant section (for example pipes, bars, profiles, sheets). In the metallurgic sector, the extrusion process is primarily carried out hot, therefore forcing the metal to pass through openings of a shape determined by a die, pressed by a punch. When it exits the die, the machined workpiece has acquired the desired section.
Extrusion Simulation: How it works
Extrusion simulation is an essential tool to improve the quality of the product, the stability of the process, the duration of the equipment and the loads of the press.
DEFORM, American simulation software, is the international reference in the extrusion of aluminum, brass, steel, titanium and nickel-based alloys. Extrusion simulation software allows technicians to analyse the material flows and heat transfers inside the mould during extrusion. This reduces times and processes, with optimal performance of the moulds and a clear improvement of the entire design and production phase.
The largest press in the world, 35,000 tonnes, for the extrusion of steel, titanium and nickel products, is installed at Wyman Gordon in Houston (ex Cameron Iron Works), a DEFORM client.
What customers say about DEFORM:
The DEFORM extrusion simulation software is American and has been optimized to be precise, fast and simple.
- EXCELLENT AGREEMENT OF “SOFTWARE RESULTS” WITH “REALITY” DEFORM is the most widely used cold forming simulation software in the world
- SAMPLING IMMEDIATELY POSITIVEThe simulation makes it possible to identify defects obtained during forming, to understand their causes and therefore to undertake the right corrective actions
- STARTING TIMES REDUCED TO A MINIMUM The machine setting was already tested in simulation. The real sampling will dispose of the machine setup card already defined.
- REQUIRED PRESS DEFINITION DEFORM indicates the required tonnage for each workstation and therefore indicates which machine is necessary for the process. Planning of samplings and production
- LONGER MOULD DURATION Tool wear known and reduced thanks to modified mould mechanics. Mould damage phenomena eliminated because expected and therefore taken care of in simulation
For the purchase, hire or a DEMO of the software or if you want to take advantage of a simulation service specially-made by our technical department, write or call us at +39 030 3365383